Reminder that the Duke of Edinburgh meeting is taking place on Thursday (19th) at 5pm in Room 228. This is just a meeting to show your interest and find out some more information about the programme.
What is D of E?
The Duke of Edinburgh’s Award is available to all 14-24 year olds and is the world’s leading youth achievement award. It equips all young people for life regardless of their background, culture, physical ability, skills and interests. Doing the Award is a personal challenge and not a competition against others; it pushes young people to their personal limits and recognises their achievements consistently.
With assistance from their Leaders, participants select and set objectives in each of the following areas:
- Volunteering: undertaking service to individuals or the community.
- Physical: improving in an area of sport, dance or fitness activities.
- Skills: developing practical and social skills and personal interests.
- Expedition: planning, training for and completion of an adventurous journey in the UK or abroad.
To achieve the award, the participant will work on each section for a minimum of three months.
Why D of E?
- Gain a recognised qualification
- Meet lots of new people from different courses
- Learn new skills
- Have fun
- Get active and be in the great outdoors